Monday, December 6, 2010

Angel Wings

Let me say right off the bat that this story really confused me. The story A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings: A Tale for Children starts off with a couple trying to shoo out crabs when they see an angel stuck in the mud. After getting past their initial shock they put this angel in the chicken coop. The following morning, locals gather in awe to look at this so called angel, except that it doesn't look like your typical angel. This angel looked old and dying. His feathers were falling off his wings and he spoke in some dialect that not even the local Priest could communicate to him. After meeting with the angel the priest reminded the throng of people that the devil likes to deceive people and that he was going to write to Rome about this matter. After several days and a carnival passing by, the angel eventually heals to the point where it flies away into the horizon. This story makes me question if this story is told in an alternate parallel, where everything is different then what our current reality is. When I read this story I felt that i didn't comprehend anything I read, however I believe what this story is trying to tell that no matter what happens, everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. This story actually had me confused the whole entire time. I kind of agree with you at the end of what theme it was trying to portray. There was a reason that that angel was there for the family.

    ReplyDelete